Re: gEDA-user: Fluky Fluky layout printing problem!

> What DJ suggested was that you edit your footprint file directly I
> believe. I don't know why you need to rename the file (other than for a
> backup)

No, no, no... rename the string in the *.pcb where the footprint saves
the file it *thinks* it came from.  Then, when you re-import, it sees
a footprint name mis-match and loads the "right" footprint (which
still has the original name).

(ok, someone add a feature request for "ability to tag footprints for
re-import" - it just needs to tweak the footprint name string)