Re: gEDA-user: Icarus Verilog going git.

On Jun 16, 2007, at 1:04 AM, Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:
>>    Fortunately, gperf is an easy one to deal with.  And damn cool to
>> *use*, too...I've used it in a number of projects and it has been
>> fantastic.
>
> I did not even know it existed until just now.
>
> It's said that GCC uses gperf for its keyword tables and so forth -- I
> could have sworn they used Flex and Bison?  Those don't use gperf as
> far as I'm aware.  Hmmm

   It does use flex and bison...but reserved word lookups are done
with gperf.  I don't know why that job isn't done by the lexer; I've
not dug into the GCC sources.  I am curious about it though.

> Anyway, it looks interesting.  I'll need to keep this in mind for
> future projects.

   It sure is nice.  If you do get into it, email me...I can send you
an example or two of what I've done with it, to get you started.

             -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL