Re: gEDA-user: General Layers questions

> That's the kind of "top down" design that produces a tool that meets
> today's requirements in the minimum amount of time, but produces an
> inflexible tool limited to those requirements.

And your kind of bottom-up design never gets done at all, because of
impossible-to-meet requirements for unlimited flexibility.

> But if you start from a data representation that spans the space of
> the possible, it drives you toward flexibility and extensibility in
> the upper layers.

The problem is, "the space of the possible" is infinitely large, and
we have a very small finite set of developers.  Unless we know how the
tool is going to be used, we don't even know what "the space of the
possible" *is*.

So I can grant you your wish right now - delete your pcb tree and you
have the result of your design process.