Re: gEDA-user: font problem in 1.6.0

On Fri, 2010-05-14 at 12:51 -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

> The following font backends:
>    User:          yes (always builtin)
>    FreeType:      yes
>    Win32:         no (requires a Win32 platform)
>    Quartz:        yes

Both freetype and quartz font back-ends.. I wonder which will get used
when you build pango against this version of cairo.

The cairo output was fine (I don't need the config.log), and if pango is
similarly chatty about how it is configured, configure output should
suffice there too.

I'd be really interested to see the difference between that output when
built against this non-working version of cairo, and the system one.

Here's a thought..

with your working gschem, working pango build - is it possible to
LD_PRELOAD the libraries from the non-working local cairo build?

Does that break things, or are they fine? (IE.. is the bug triggered by
using the (working) pango library, and the locally built cairo
library ?)

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,