Re: gEDA-user: pcb, how to remove mm garbage (very short lines)?

Am Mittwoch, den 19.11.2008, 22:05 +0000 schrieb Peter Clifton:

> Fine over a small component, however if you're trying to position
> mechanical items on a large board, you don't want accumulated drift.
> (This said.. perhaps it would still be acceptable if the internal units
> are small enough).

Yes I know. One problem is user input, one spacing of pads of
components. I think for user input there is no drift.
For components there is -- I think this was the reason that internal
coordinates moved from 1 mil to 0.01mil to have less drift or variation
in pin to pin spacing for mm parts. I think for parts with 100 pins
there is now a total error of maximum 1 mil (100*0.01mil).

Parts with arbitrary spaced pins can never lie exactly on the grid --
this is clear. This may result to very short traces if these pins are
connected to grid points -- this is clear. I think no one would call
this a bug -- a routine which removes unnecessary short lines may
beautify the result.

Best wishes,

Stefan Salewski