Re: gEDA-user: How to deal with single/dual parts?

There are a lot of ideas going around here and most of them sound like
good features. I'm a long time but casual user of geda and I don't want
to step on the toes of those who use it more or actively develop the
tools. I'd just like like to interject one thing.

I think it's important to pay attention to what is already in geda. For
me, a very large issue is the coherency of the symbol and footprint
libraries. It sounds like many of the changes being discussed would
eliminate the need for much of the confusion in those libraries
presently. I think though it's important to acknowledge that if the
changes here are implemented, there is much work that is less exciting
to be done before everyone can stop resorting to personal libraries of
redudnant symbols and footprints.