Re: gEDA-user: )(

On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 20:14:46 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:

> On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 18:59 +0000, Frank Bergmann wrote:
>> Is the code you have trouble with already in your git repo?
>
> git clone git://repo.or.cz/geda-pcb/pcjc2.git cd pcjc2
> git checkout -b before_pours origin/before_pours autogen.sh
> configure --disable-doc
> make install
>
> (Copied from Ethan's instructions.. I think they are right!)

Yes they work.
But sorry, how can I try to reproduce the bug with the
glClear(GL_STENCIL_BUFFER_BIT)?

>> And is the step towards OpenGL the next big step in pcb (gtkhid)
>> development?
>
> Possibly.. although I'm not sure how much time I can commit to it (or
> when).

Some weeks ago I though about this...
Basically its an GtkWitget with gl-capabilities (or likewise) which is
than added to an GtkContainer. Its just the same like the current gtk
code do. So with some rework (separate the gtk and gl drawing functions)
it should be possible to let the user decide which rendering method is
used (maybe even at runtime by switching the GtkWidget from to gtk/gl).
I am right?

Frank.