Re: gEDA-user: )(

On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 08:12:12 +0200, Bert Timmerman wrote:

> PCB output for a "3D-view" in Blender (or AutoCAD if you live in the
> "other" universe) is somewhere on the bottom of my todo list.
>
> To keep things decoupled from the pcb perspective ...

I would prefer this.

> ...I would suggest one
> (or more) plugins/exporter-HIDs that generate a python script for use
> with Blender.

For the very first steps: In the xyfile you have the footprints and the
x- and y-coordinates. With this informations it should be possible to
use the python scripting extension in blender to produce some 3D output
(or maybe with povray). This way some experience for such python/blender
scripting can be gained.

And python is not a difficult language. With some programming experience
almost everyone can use python. Simple mapping of some predefined models
(smt res and caps as plain boxes) to the coordinates from the xyfile should
give the first results.

Frank.