Re: gEDA-user: pcb flip-sides

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 19:55 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > Just looking at that.. by a definition you mentioned once before..
> > should it in fact be that the above board has physical stackup:
> >
> > component
> > solder
> >
> > (other layers are outside the physical stack)
>
> Well, *yes*.
>
> Check out the photo-mode stuff in the png hid; it has to do stuff in
> physical stacking order too.
>
> Note that these are still just conventions, we don't enforce this
> definition anywhere yet.

Update pushed.. looks better now, thanks!

(Also flipped the z-coordinate of the board layers in GL when rendering
with flip_x != flip_y, so the flipping behaviour acts "in-plane"
properly, rather than having the odd effect of appearing to flip the
y-coordinates of objects with "depth".

Best wishes.

Peter C