Re: gEDA-user: Serious discussion on the proper selection of a language

Stephen Meier wrote:

Dave McGuire wrote:

I've toyed with the idea of designing a processor which executes Befunge directly. I think I'd need to consume a great deal of rum before attempting such a thing.

The more I think about this the more I like it. I think this processor will need a two dimensional memory structure to match the whole graphical process control structure... Or even better, If we could morph the language into a third dimension we might have added the concept of subroutine calls. So a three dimensional memory structure might be more appropriate.

Once the processor is reasonably functional we could get a second project rolling to write a Befunge based OS. I am just trying to picture what that would look like.

Steve Meier