Re: gEDA-user: Serious discussion on the proper selection of a language

On 9/28/05, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >    Why do you say EPS would be more realistic and efficient?
>
> EPS is a stroked format.  Gerber files emit stroke commands.  Mapping
> stroke/fill commands to PCB polygons results in a cleaner and more
> efficient PCB file than mapping a PNG to a couple thousand (or
> million) tiny SMT pads of varying sizes.

I wrote an extension to 'pstoedit' to do exactly this.  Unfotunately
my web page is down. (well, technically it's up, it's just behind a
firewall!)

I think my patch was merged with the main pstoedit.  A while back
someone sent email to tell me it wasn't working.  I never investigated
further.

Also, I made a filter to do PS->gschem conversion, so I could be a
real "professional" with our comany logo on the schematic.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--
You think that it is a secret, but it never has been one.
  - fortune cookie