Re: gEDA-user: accel keys

On Sep 9, 2011, at 6:01 PM, John Griessen wrote:

> On 09/08/2011 06:58 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
>> There are a few more that could potentially be matched:
>>
>>   gschem                            pcb
>>
>> * start drawing a net [n]           start drawing a track [F2]
>>
>> * edit some text [ex]               edit some text [n]
> .
> .
> .
>                      load layout (no accel)
>>
>> * new [fn]                          new layout [ctrl-n]
>>
>> * quit [alt-q]                      quit [ctrl-q]
>>
>> With a few exceptions I'd prefer the PCB accels.
>

> I like this.  This is a really good start on some UI improvements.
> I'll try to find time to help.

I think it's better to stick with Roman letters, rather than the Fn. On some keyboards (Macs, netbooks, ...) the Fn keys require an unusual shift key to be pressed. That would be particularly inconvenient for functions like "start drawing a net", that initiate graphical operations. "n" is very nice in that case: I find myself wishing other graphics programs were so easy.

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx