Re: Blender & Cygwin

Ingo Ruhnke wrote:

A total newbie can create a little texture in the Gimp with some
playing with the tools and tool options, all which are easy to find.

Well, ask the newbie to draw a straight line or a circle... Gimps
interface is enough to get the job done, but nothing more.
The common mistake that's made here is to assume that GIMP is a paint
program - it's not.  The name stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program
and it's really intended for doing image processing, cleaning up photo's,
compositing, etc, etc.

If you want to draw, there are better alternatives out there.

(Having said that, *I* do all my painting in GIMP.  If I want to draw
something geometric, I do it in a 3D modeller then use GIMP to grab
a screen snapshot and import that into a layer of my GIMP image. That
sounds unweildy - but with both programs running on the same screen,
it actually only takes a couple of keystrokes to do that.)

As said above, its getting better, one can even use tooltips now and
the scroll-wheel is also supported.
The problem is much deeper than that (IMHO).

HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>    WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>
HomePage : http://www.sjbaker.org
Projects : http://plib.sf.net    http://tuxaqfh.sf.net
           http://tuxkart.sf.net http://prettypoly.sf.net