Re: [pygame] Picking monitor...

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009, Brian Fisher wrote:

The 7" LCD is a TV set being fed through a VGA->composite device.  I was
planning on no higher than 800x600.  Since there are really no true "3D"
elements to the PFD or Nav displays, it shouldn't be a problem to be
software-only rendered.

Is there any rotation, scaling or coloring? Any shader effects? cause if
you are just blitting images, it would probably be a piece of cake to adapt
what you have to use pygame/sdl's software rendering, and then the opengl
context thing is no problem.

It's very simple graphically.  Here's the project screenshot page:
http://sourceforge.net/project/screenshots.php?group_id=201789

You can download the software (requires pyopengl and pygame of course) and run it in it's default TEST mode that doesn't require a running simulator to talk to:http://rjglass.sourceforge.net/index.shtml - providing you want to see what it looks like "live". :)

My biggest roadblock at this point is my extremely poor grasp of graphics in general. I'm a database geek by trade. :)

g.

--
Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007