Re: [pygame] Re: 回复: [pygame] The gsoc project physics engine.

On, Thu Jun 19, 2008, Peter Gebauer wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Yes, I've been looking continously at your source codes, I saw you were
> getting your Python C structs together yesterday, nice. My first advice
> would be this: all types/classes must start with capital case letter. I saw
> in your documentation that your prototype API used lowercase, I think we
> should try sticking with the Python style guide
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/ which is sort of how PyGame looks
> too, i.e CamelCase for types and function_underscore_rule for functions and
> methods, hehe. Just a small thing, but it's easier to change now than later.

That's already discussed and agreed upon.

The current plan is to make a standalone module first and - once
anything turns out to be stable enough - merge it back into the main
tree later on, so it surely fits your purpose for a standalone module
perfectly well.

One side note: The code uses Python 2.5 specific features (such as
Py_ssize_t). Compatibility for 2.4 is currently not planned, but instead
will be provided on merging with pygame's main tree.

Regards
Marcus