Re: [pygame] Tutorial... GUI

On, Fri Sep 28, 2007, RR4CLB wrote:

>     But the tab feature works, the message gets printed in the console
> window. I tried triggering that message and it failed so I will
> have to ask WE for the reason for that. Probably sequence is in
> error on that. For the screen reader can be in different windows
> and respond to changes, but the console seems to not respond as of
> yet to that. When sensing changes in the Python window, it does
> say window is triggered. So it does know that something has
> changed, but what? is the issue.

I do not think that we can access those information without external
tools such as a MSAA binding - as someone said earlier, it's just pixel
data representing something.

>     So there is always a way around things, not the standard print
> window, can things be located on the screen using positioning?
> Then setting up tables to run from there? I mean the console
> window.

What do you mean exactly? I do not get the idea of what you mean.

>     Thanks, I wish it could be faster in release. This would give a
> lot of possibilities for us, I mean the sightless to play with.

The original release plans were for 0.3.0, but I can add the support
asap. This however would limit accessibility to Linux and Unix systems
at the moment as ATK/AT-SPI does not work on Windows.

If you've got a Linux installation at hand and do not mind working with
it, it should not be a big deal for me to add basic accessibility
support to OcempGUI using three or four weeks. This would allow you to
recognize the game interface and provides you with various features to
make your own game objects accessible.

The MSAA integration however would take more time as I first have to
find out how it exactly works (the documentation provided by Microsoft
is really lousy in my opinion) and to create a good wrapper for Python.
Additionally I am somewhat busy until at least December, so it is
unlikely that I come up with first results before that.

Maybe we can work around that until we can rely on a better solution
using your idea above (which I did not understand ;-) ), so you do not
need to wait that long.

Regards
Marcus