Re: gEDA-user: Halp! PCB crashing on my design

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:32:06PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > Thanks - I've made that change. Just out of curiosity, what's the
> > impact of the incorrect grouping?
>
> Worst case?  Polygons shorting your SMT pads.

Actually I think the true "worst case" is that almost all of the "bad
defaults" people complain about in PCB are actually preferences generated
by the conversion template.  If you start PCB, save blank and insert
the new elements you get saner defaults.  Of course that's not very
intuitive...

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben@xxxxxxx>