Re: gEDA-user: why separate xgsch2pcb?

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 01:51:52 -0500
DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I've wanted a feature like this for a while, so out of curiosity, I
> > pulled from GIT using the command given on
> > http://pcb.gpleda.org/obtaining.html .  I don't see an import option
> > anywhere in PCB, but I'm not sure if what I pulled is HEAD or a
> > sub-branch.
>
> If you have your own local pcb-menu.res or gpcb-menu.res, you won't
> see the new File->Import because you're overriding it.

Undoing this tweak, unfortunately, doesn't allow me to actually use the
program though.  Starting with a fresh ~/.pcb directory, as soon as I click
File -> Import, the program segfaults, with this as the only error on the
command line:

(pcb:26108): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_draw_rectangle: assertion `GDK_IS_GC (gc)' failed

Such is the risk of futzing around with the bleeding edge of any project ;-)

--
"There are some things in life worth obsessing over.  Most
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."