Re: gEDA-user: why separate xgsch2pcb?

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:07:44 +0000
Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 01:02 -0600, Vanessa Ezekowitz wrote:
>
> > Undoing this tweak, unfortunately, doesn't allow me to actually use the
> > program though.  Starting with a fresh ~/.pcb directory, as soon as I click
> > File -> Import, the program segfaults, with this as the only error on the
> > command line:
> >
> > (pcb:26108): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_draw_rectangle: assertion `GDK_IS_GC
> > (gc)' failed
> >
> > Such is the risk of futzing around with the bleeding edge of any
> > project ;-)
>

> Sounds like something might be attempting to with with the board before
> the GUI is up - but in order to click the menu... it should be.
>
> Do you have a board loaded?

No, I started with an empty layout.  I assumed the import function would create the usual collection of footprints the way gsch2pcb does, after which I would have done Select->Disperse All... (and then lay out the board from there).

--
"There are some things in life worth obsessing over.  Most
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."