Re: gEDA-user: I need to open and print a PCB created in ExpressPCB:What are my options?

> So it's possible to hand solder or reflow these things at home?

Yup.  See http://www.delorie.com/pcb/hotplate/ for a photo of my
hotplate.

> Better yet, can you do double sided SMT boards? I always thought you
> coudn't do it because you would have to have components touching the
> surface of the reflow skillet on one side while the other side was
> supposed to reflow.

I reflow the top, then hand solder the bottom.  You can do it with an
oven if you do bottom first; surface tension holds the parts in place
even when they're hanging underneath, as long as they're not too
heavy.

> Also, am I right to suppose that since you use gEDA that there are
> footprints in gEDA for SMD components?

Yup.  Mostly in the ~geda category.

> Digi-Key ) IRLD110-ND

That's a standard DIP4 footprint.  However, ~geda only goes down to
DIP6 so you'll have to create your own.  Just put the holes on 0.1"
centers.