Re: gEDA-user: I need to open and print a PCB created in ExpressPCB:What are my options?

> I just built one... on 01005 disappeared with a "ping" of my tweezers
> (the tips of which actually dwarfed the component).

They've been re-christened "quantum capacitors" already.

> Still.. I cheated anyway, was using a x20 Binary microscope, x40
> sometimes

I use a x10 visor and x200 microscope.

> What diameter solder wire do people use? I was using a bent, pointy
> metcal iron with an 0.5mm ish tip, and 0.5mm solder wire. (Some lead,
> tin and copper alloy). I found that the solder balls up on the end of
> the wire to the point where it can dwarf an 0402's contact pad.

I use metcal's 0.020 conical tip (about 0.5mm) and 0.020 solder.
Lately, I've been using solder paste - a dab on the pads, position the
part, use the iron to reflow it.  Less hands needed, and the part
doesn't move around as much.