Re: gEDA-user: General Layers questions

On Mar 18, 2011, at 4:39 PM, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> It is the exporter's job to understand drilling. For geometry
>> capture, all you need to know is the shape. Modules with no "need to
>> know" should not know.
>
> The autorouter needs to know not to run traces across unplated
> holes...

This is what bothers me about a hole layer,  un plated vs plated,  the holes do not define electrical contact, the plating does.

Or, rivits, or the soldered wires on hand assembled multilayer boards.

Well with silver ink circuit printing. The hole in the sprayed on insulators does define the connectivity....