Re: gEDA-user: gschem guile scripting

Hi,

... Some deleted stuff was here

> In my opinion PCB is much more complicated as gaf. My current
> estimation: Writing a gschem/gnetlist clone may take about
> 1000 hours for a smart guy employing modern tools like
> GTK/QT/Cairo/Pango and an OO language like C++/Java/Puby/Python...
> Writing a PCB clone should take much more time and needs
> really smart guys -- DRC (realtime), all the exporters
> (Gerber), autorouters, and fast 3D drawing.

FYI according to ohloh.net:

gEDA approx. 31 person years effort (http://www.ohloh.net/p/gEDA)

Pcb approx. 32 person years effort (http://www.ohloh.net/p/pcb)

The difference in LOC is not much larger:

gEDA approx. 126k LOC (excluding blanks and comments).

Pcb approx. 127K LOC (excluding blanks and comments).

I think it's a draw ;-)

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman