Re: gEDA-user: next PCB release - 1.99za vs 4.0

> The conductors may not be copper. I've even worked with a board that had
> two different conductive materials on the same physical layer.

Interesting case. Let's suppose that you have conductors -- say niobium
and copper -- on the same physical layer.  Does that have implications for
PCB?  I'm not certain that I see any.

I'd imagine that you ultimately need to generate separate gerber files for
the two separate conductors. That means putting them on separate layers in
PCB (or, I suppose, major architecture changes). If that was an inner
layer, you could lay it out as two separate inner layers and that would
work, so far as I can see.

If the two conductors are both on the top outer layer, I believe that you
could use the same strategy, defining both to be in the same "component
side" layer group.  Am I missing something?