Re: gEDA-user: next PCB release - 1.99za vs 4.0

On 12.09.2010 00:20, Peter Clifton wrote:
(Can someone who uses / has used keepouts on another package describe
for me how they work, or how you use them?)

(In our company we are using a 5 year old package that has support for keepouts. It has pre-defined one keepout layer where the user can draw areas/polygons. Such an area can be referred to one or more layer. If an object on one of the referred layers is in that area the user gets a drc error.

I, for example, used that for the tracks for the "miniature wave selective soldering". Placed the tracks as areas and assigned the silk and paste (for this board only smt parts had paste layer) layer to it. Now I got errors if I placed parts in the soldering tracks. Copper are allowed because it was covered by solder mask.)

Frank.