Re: [pygame] Re: Stand-alone executables

On 2/20/07, Daniel McNeese <dgmcnees@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Bob Ippolito <bob@...> writes:

> > Hmm...  What if I repartitioned my hard drive and included, say, a Fedora
Core
> > partition next to Windows?  That would let me cover Windows and Linux both
at
> > no extra cost, right?
>
> If you had an intel mac you could certainly do that... you wouldn't
> need to repartition if you were using virtualization.

You really mean Intel *mac* and not intel PC?  I didn't know that Intel made
macs.

Intel doesn't make PCs either. They make processors. Macs and PCs use the same line of intel processors. Macs used to use Motorola or IBM PPC processors, but no current models do.

> > Is there a free Mac OS that would run on the same hardware?
>
> No, of course not. There's not a free Windows either. Mac OS X is very
> particular about hardware though.

So...  The cheapest way to hit the non-Windows platforms would be to get an
Intel mac with a mac OS, and use either virtualization or a Fedora Core
partition for linux?

That is correct. An intel mac would also let you use Windows in virtualization (or on another partition). One machine gets you everything (32-bit). If it has a Core 2 Duo processor you can also do the x86-64 builds.

-bob