Re: [pygame] network

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004, Timothy Stranex wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 16:17, Pete Shinners wrote:
>> I've read code that uses both sockets and twisted, and personally, the
>> vanilla sockets always looks like a win to me. The benefit of twisted is
>> that it supports about every protocol in use. But if you are just going
>> to be passing your own message types over the socket, why bother?
>
>For one thing, Twisted has a protocol called Perspective Broker. It's
>basically an RPC mechanism but it integrates beautifully with Python and
>shields the user from the low-level details. It probably isn't much good
>for high-speed communication but it handles everything else.

Most games that need networking need fast networking. For turnbased
wargames I think it could be ideal.

Is it harder to write an simple own protocol or write the same protocol
for a foreign library that you don't know?

--
    There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like
                installing smoke detectors in Hell.