Re: gEDA-user: PCB feature

Peter Clifton wrote:

> What do non-technical drawing programs / office tools do here?
>
> I'm hesitant to make another option for defining this behaviour on a
> per-user basis, as I tend to believe in getting UI behaviours right.

These are tools for techies.  We want UI redefinability without going
deep into the devel cycle and creating a fork to get it...
Getting it "right" as  a default is fine if you allow it to be overridden.
Getting it "right" for all time and space is a dream only.

Having redefinable bind keys is just right for us.  I want
any UI feature to be defined/redefined-easily by a bind key to the mouse buttons
and context...

Do we have bind key style menu.res interface to contexts such as previous several
actions and which windows we are over?   If not, we need 'em.

John Griessen
Ecosensory