Re: gEDA-user: discussion on what busses *mean*

DJ Delorie wrote:
I can't think of a good reason to do this, but I suppose you could
connect to a bus pin (aka "pin with multiple signals") and name the
*bus* while leaving the individual *nets* unnamed, and carry that bus
name on to a second schematic page, still without naming the nets, and
connect it to another bus pin with the same number of signals, and
hope it all works out :-)
If a bus-pin (or bus-port?) is required to have an internal representation of the pin connections and the two bus-things ;-) are required to have identical layout
it should work - it's like a cable with colored wires.

If the bus definition exists independently of the ports (ie. the list of wire colors
aka signals, irrespective of any plug type), one has the freedom to pick any
subset of the signals and define a port for it on a part.

I hope this wasn't to trivial to mention.