Re: gEDA-user: wishful UI

On Mon, 2010-08-16 at 15:27 -0400, Rick Collins wrote:
> I looked at your DSO project.  That is pretty impressive.  Are you
> looking for any help?  That is right up my alley!
>
> Rick

Indeed I was hoping for some support during the last two years, but
there was not much interest, some people with very limited skills in
electronics area contacted me, hoping for a very cheap device. But of
course I can not build large quantities, so costs can not be smaller
than similar commercial tools from china, so people are disappointed. I
do understand that.

No, currently I do not need help, I have done schematics and layout very
carefully, learned VHDL, started design of a GTK GUI. And I wrote my own
USB firmware some years ago. Currently I am doing some final checking of
schematics and layout, with minimal modifications. I indent to order
parts and two PCB prototype boards in harvest and intend soldering the
first prototype before end of this year. If that prototype works, than
there may be again room for support, for example for optimizing the VHDL
code, board firmware and communication with the PC, and finally
optimizing the user interface.

I will tell on my homepage and on this list when there is the first
working prototype -- hopefully before the end of this year.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski