Re: gEDA-user: one fix for building under Solaris

On Tue, 2009-01-06 at 07:56 -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2009, at 7:32 AM, Dave McGuire wrote:

> apophis$ PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig /usr/bin/pkg-config
> --modversion gtk+-2.0
> 2.14.6
> apophis$
> apophis$ PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig /usr/local/bin/pkg-
> config --modversion gtk+-2.0
> sh: gnome-config: not found
> Package fontconfig was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> Perhaps you should add the directory containing `fontconfig.pc'
> Package 'fontconfig', required by 'cairo', not found

It would appear that whatever default paths /usr/bin/pkg-config is
adding (probably /usr/lib/pkg-config) is satisfying all the required
dependencies for your GTK in /usr/local/...

How to proceed will be dependant on how much of the system you want
self-contained in /usr/local. If you want it completely contained,
you'll need to build some of cario's dependencies there too, for
example.. fontconfig - which it appears to be asking for.

It's tempting to wonder whether we'd be back to the nasty conflicts if
you just allowed /usr/local/bin/pkg-config to search /usr/* for things
like fontconfig. The main thing you need to ensure is that the versions
of GLib and GTK it finds are the new ones you installed in /usr/local/

(Peter, on his fourth or fifth upload now ;))

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,