Re: gEDA-user: merge multi symbol components

Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:00:01 -0400, John Doty wrote:
>
>> But the idea
>> that computers can actually automate your workflow has been lost in the
>> "personal computer" era. The strength of gEDA is that you *can* automate
>> it:
>
> You have praised this many times before. Ironically, one of the
> weaknesses of gEDA is a lack of scriptability. Even pcb with all its
> actions is only half way there.

That was my impression as well. After kicking the tires for a while and
finding important things it cannot do which my current CAD can do, most
of the answers I received were along the lines of  "can't do that right
now", "needs a fork", "give some money, maybe someone will code this in"
and so on.

So I've hung up on gEDA for now. But this doesn't mean I won't check
back in regularly because the idea of open source CAD is great.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/