Re: gEDA-user: Adding Auto-thermals Was:Re: Thanks a million, and few small questions for a new user

DJ Delorie wrote:
> It's the "auto-added thermals" part that's tricky - there's no flag to
> say that a thermal is auto-added.
>
> But auto-redoing *all* auto-thermals might work, yes.
>
> If you remove *all* the thermals, you lose track of which net each
> polygon is supposed to connect to.  I suppose you could store that
> information in the polygon, based on connectivity, at some point.

Ideally, the user would assign a polygone to a net, but maybe that would
be a lot of work to implement.

If the user drew a trace to a poly, would that force that polygon to
always be on that net,
thus allowing code in the 'o' section to always know what net the
polygone was, and thereby
allowing thermals to be turned on in the correct way.

Also, I'm still hoping someone can point me to a certain function or
area in a certain file
because I looked and couldn't find what looked like code that would do it.
(Perhaps there's a document someplace that I should read that gives me
an overview of how things work and what files do what.)

THanks very much,

-Jesse