Re: gEDA-user: FUNDING

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 2:23 PM, timecop <timecop@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anyway tl;dr version: RS sucks, DesignSpark sucks, Eagle sucks, buying
> a EDA suite to pimp to your customers as the only benefit of your
> shitty stock/price practice = stupid.
>
> Also any designer too lazy to make symbols/footprints for a new part
> should just /quit.

Yeah, I don't think we should be trying to integrate the
symbol/footprint library with some vendors database or webservices. We
already have a decent footprint/symbol library..

But it would be worth replacing the footprints data structures & code
and adding a decent padstack editor. I think DJ proposed this as part
of the LinuxFund work.. has there been any progress towards this?

Cheers,
Anthony