Re: gEDA-user: I need to open and print a PCB created in ExpressPCB:What are my options?

One of my vendors has a tool which uses a vacumn on a robotic arm to
grab the back of a device. Then they move the device over a container of
very sticky flux and lower it down until the bottoms of the balls just
bearly touch the flux.

The tool then moves the device over the fab and they position an optical
splitter between the fab and the bottom of the device. This optical
splitter allows them to move and rotate the arm until the devices balls
and the fabs pads are preceisly aligned. The optical splitter is then
removed and the device lowered onto the fab.

The sticky flux serves a secondary purpose as a temporary glue holding
the device until it is run through the oven. I am told that the
adhieseve strength of the flux is enough to hold the component in place
even if you were to throw the fab like a frisbe.

Steve M.