Re: gEDA-user: Power (and other non-graphical) pins

John Doty wrote:
> On Jan 15, 2009, at 7:56 AM, Joerg wrote:
>
>> Back then we had much more time to be a generalist than today.
>
> Thinking that way is a trap. You turn easy problems into difficult
> ones because you perceive you need a team for even a very simple job,
> if it crosses your completely arbitrary specialty boundaries.

Thing is, my jobs aren't simple. I cannot possibly build a whole
ultrasound machine or a complete aircraft all by myself.

> There's more to learn than there was, but the resources for learning
> are much more extensive and effective than they were. A professional
> needs to study something every day to avoid becoming obsolete.
>
> And besides, a lot of the sharp, simple tools come from "back then".
> Like regular expressions...

Or Orcad-SDT :-)

Seriously, that was IMHO perfect. But only for DOS :-(

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.